Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Good old classic movies

I love watching movies and I watch so many new movies that I thought it's time I watched some of those good classic films. Working at the library I have some perks because I was able to borrow all these for free. Enjoy all these wonderful trailers and a short review of each movie by me! :)


Some like it hot (1959) in B & W 

Starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis & Jack Lemon


This was very funny and this being my first ever Marilyn Monroe movie, she didn't disappoint! She is cute and sexy just like I imagined. It's a shame this wasn't in colour because I would've loved to see all the beautiful dresses Marilyn wears. I actually knew the two male actors in this and they were fantastic as well. Great start to my Marilyn Monroe viewing.




Gone with the wind (1939) in Colour 

Starring Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh


The clothing/costumes were fabulous, I'm so glad this was in colour! The overall movie though wasn't all that appealing to me. I didn't like it mainly because the main character, Scarlett, was annoying. Oh and the movie was four hours long and it was so depressing the whole time. I have to admit it was filmed very beautifully but unfortunately it wasn't my cup of tea. Had to wait til the end of the movie to hear the line I know - "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"




Casablanca (1942) in B & W 

Starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman & Paul Henreid


"Here's looking at you kid" I loved this so much! No wonder it's considered one of the best classic movies, when it was finished I wanted to watch it all over again! Something I found weird was that Humphrey Bogart has little to no expression in this, I did see him smile once and it was strange. 




A streetcar named desire (1951) in B & W 

Starring Vivien Leigh, Marlon Brandon & Kim Hunter


Was a little slow and I didn't really get what was going on. I had a slight idea but I ended up looking on the Internet to make sure I was right. Marlon Brando has a really hot body and looks nice but he is such a pig, so that puts you off him completely! At least I can say that I've seen Brando yelling "Stella! Hey Stella!"




The Seven Year itch (1955) in Colour 

Starring Marilyn Monroe & Tom Ewell


Marilyn is adorable! If she wasn't in this it would've been a little boring. The story line was quite funny, and I loved that it was in colour so we could see Marilyn in all her glory. Loved the well known subway air scene of course - "Isn't it delicious"




Calamity Jane (1953) in Colour 

Starring Doris Day & Howard Keel


This movie was loads of fun! I love musicals and this was right up my alley. Doris Day plays a fantastic character, such a light-hearted movie with a happy ending. "Whip crack away, whip crack away, whip crack away!"




Psycho (1960) in B & W 

Starring Anthony Perkins & Vera Miles


I recently watched "Hitchcock" starring Anthony Hopkins, who played Alfred Hitchcock and I enjoyed it. It made me want to watch Psycho as I have never seen it before. I thought Psycho was a really good movie. Great acting and had lots of suspense. It's not a gory scary movie, more of a psychological type of scary movie, I highly recommend it!

Have you watched any classic movies and enjoyed them?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...