Hi Everyone! I have been making my Mars Bar Slice recipe for quite some time now and some people have asked me how to make it. My secret ingredient is using Cadbury chocolate as the top layer instead of cooking chocolate because Cadbury chocolate tastes SO much better. I thought I'd share my recipe so you can enjoy the delicious treats at home.
Makes: approx 25 (it all depends on how big you cut them up)
Prep & Cooking time: approx 30mins
Setting time: Min 3hrs
1 bag of 12 mini mars bars
1 350g block of Cadbury Chocolate (or use two 200g blocks if you like more chocolate on top)
3 cups of rice bubbles
1. Melt all 12 mini mars bars (cut up) and butter (cut up) in a saucepan over another saucepan filled with water on the stove.
2. While this is melting, cut or break up all the Cadbury chocolate & set aside then pour the 3 cups of rice bubbles in a big bowl.
3. There's a bit of mixing involved to make sure the mars bars and butter combine. Once it looks smooth with no lumps pour it over the rice bubbles and mix, mix, mix until the rice bubbles aren't white and they are evenly covered in the mars bar/butter mixture.
4. Transfer the mixed mars bars/butter/rice bubbles into a prepared slice tray, even out with a wooden spoon and set aside.
5. Melt all the chocolate in the same saucepan as the mars bars and butter. Then pour over the rice bubbles and smooth out with a spoon.
TIP: Drop the tray onto the bench a few times (from not too high!) and this should help even out the chocolate layer.
6. Put this into the fridge and let it set for at least 3 hrs. Remove, cut up & ENJOY!
Let me know if you make it and if it was a success