Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Golfballs recipe


I have loved golfballs ever since I was a kid. I always thought they were really hard to make but they are surprisingly easy. The reason I thought they were hard is because my mum never had a food processor so the biscuits had to get broken up in a bowl with a mallet, which let me tell you, takes AGES!

I don't have a food processor either and I used to do it the same as my mum, but I found a way to break up the biscuits quickly and easily without a food processor. I put the biscuits in a ziploc bag and then step all over them! Ok, Ok you may think that's weird but it works! You can also use a rolling pin if you like instead because that also works haha!

Makes: approx 25 - 30 (all depends on how big you make your balls)

Prep time: approx 30mins

Setting time: approx 30mins

Ingredients:

1 250g pack of Marie biscuits
1/2 cup of dessicated coconut (plus more coconut for rolling in)
2 tablsepoons of cocoa
1 tin 395g sweetend condensed milk

Instructions:

1. Crush up all the biscuits whichever way you like (or you can do it like me) then put into a big bowl.

2. Add the cocoa and coconut, mix then add the condensed milk and mix some more. This is your golfball mixture.

3. Put some extra coconut in a seperate bowl ready for the rolling.

4. Using a teaspoon, scoop small amounts of mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Then roll in the coconut bowl.

5. Do this until all mixture is used. You will need to continually wash your hands because they get a bit sticky unless you wear gloves.

6. Set aside balls on a tray already lined with baking paper and then put them in the fridge for approx 30mins.

7. Enjoy!

This is such a simple recipe and they are delicious! Perfect for kids and also fun for them to make with you.

Do you have a favourite food you loved as a kid?







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...