Monday, May 5, 2014

Good Old Classic Movies ~ Part Two!

I did a post over 6 months ago showcasing some classic movies that I watched for the first time. Here are a few more that I have watched and a small review about each.


Funny Face (1957) In Colour

Starring: Audrey Hepburn & Fred Astaire
  

I am even more in love with Audrey Hepburn after seeing this movie. I love her dancing and her fashion style. She is so adorable and even more because she is working in a bookshop - my kind of gal. I don't know about Fred Astaire as the love interest though, he's an awesome dancer/actor, but not that attractive in my eyes.




Starring: Marilyn Monroe, Betty Gable & Lauren Bacall


I thought this was the movie that Marilyn sang 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend' in, but it's not. I still really enjoyed it. The only thing that I was annoyed with was how they made Marilyn look like a ditzy, clumsy girl. They made her seem like the stereotypical blonde.



To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) In B & W

Starring: Gregory Peck, John Megna & Frank Overton


This was an ok movie, but not a favourite. I haven't read the book and after watching this it doesn't make me want to read it, I still will but I'm not in a hurry to read it. Great acting and story, I just don't think it was up my alley.



The Birds (1963) In Colour

Starring: Rod Taylor, Tippi Hedren & Suzanne Pleshette


Was a little slow, but I can see that for it's time it would've been terribly scary and the special effects would've looked fantastic. I'm not saying that it looks bad, it still looks pretty good. I just didn't like it as much as Psycho. I also felt there wasn't really an explanation for why the birds were attacking people, which let the movie down a bit for me.



 
Singin' in the rain (1952) In Colour

Starring: Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor & Debbie Reynolds


This was fantastic!! The story, comedy, dancing, singing and acting were all of high quality. It has become a favourite movie and I will watch this again for sure! Gene & Debbie are so gorgeous together!


  
An Affair to Remember (1957) In Colour

Starring: Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr


A romantic movie with a twist at the end. Was quite good, but I'm not dying to watch it again.

Do you have any classic movie suggestions for me?

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...