Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tiny Teddy Bear Cars


I made these super cute and very yummy Tiny Teddy Cars for my nephews birthday. They were a hit! I got the recipe online here if you want to try to make them for yourself. They were very easy, albeit a bit fiddly. But very fun to make with kids!

I changed a few things when I made them.

  • I used Mars Bars instead of Milky Ways because I don't really like Milky Ways. 
  • I didn't add steering wheels because there wasn't any room.
  • I wanted my cars to have all different colored wheels so I didn't bother sorting them out.
  • Instead of using a bag to squeeze out the melted chocolate, I melted the chocolate in a saucepan in another saucepan full of water over the stove and dipped the smarties/teddies in the chocolate and stuck them on. Leaving the chocolate on the stove meant I could warm it up if it started to get hard again. 



I had quite a bit of leftover melted chocolate and tiny teddies so I lined a slice tray with baking paper and poured the melted chocolate in there. Then pushed the tiny teddies face up into the chocolate. My partner said it looked like a Tiny Teddy Graveyard, unfortunately I didn't get a photo of this. It was very delicious!

What kind of party food have you made?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...