Sunday, February 3, 2013

Welcome back!

Bloodlines (Bloodlines # 1) by Richelle Mead

Rating: 4 out of 5 hearts
421 pages
Buy it @ Book depository
Released: August 2011

"Blood doesn't lie...


Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning..."


Review 

I really, really liked this! I don't care what other people are saying about this, I loved being able to spend some more time in the world of Vampire Academy (well it's sort of Vampire Academy). A lot of people love Rose because she's this hot headed, rule breaker and simply butt kicking awesome. Sydney on the other hand is structured, scientific and doesn't really like to take risks. So I think that's why some people didn't like this as much as the Vampire Academy because they like Rose better than Sydney.

I found it really easy to get back into Richelle Mead's style of writing. I'm not a huge fan of big books but I always find that I don't even notice the length of these books because they are so enjoyable and easy to get sucked into.

What I liked most about Sydney was that she had room to grow. Being an alchemist she has had rules drummed into her about how to feel about Vampires, and that feeling is fear. So it was really cool to see her trying to overcome some of those fears.

Some of our favourite characters are back in this and the main one I loved was Adrian. I'm glad we get to see him so much more in this series. I felt so bad for him at the end of 'Last Sacrifice' that I'm glad we see him start to get over Rose. I have a feeling there may be a romance between Adrian & Sydeny? I hope so!

So now onto the story. I thought the mystery surrounding the tattoos was really interesting although I had an idea of who was behind it, but I didn't have a clue why that person was behind it. I thought this was a great start to a new series with already loved characters and I'm looking forward to reading the next ones.


On the cover
Here I am again with these covers. Although this time I know that's Sydney & Adrian on the front because it looks so much like their description. I wonder what Adrian is looking at though, has Sydney got something in her ear?


What I'm reading next: Dark Star by Bethany Frenette



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...