Monday, January 28, 2013

Screaming for a bit more

My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers #3) by Rachel Vincent

Rating: 2 out 5 hearts
296 pages
Buy it @ book depository
Released: June 2010

"Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked. And so is someone else…"





Review

First up I have to say that the blurb on the back of the book isn't like the blurb above. Well it is but instead of saying "Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked. And so is someone else…" they actually have who that someone else is on the back!! In the book we don't actually find out who that 'someone else' is until about midway through but the back of the book has already given it away!! I was so angry because through the whole book I knew exactly who was addicted to the drug. From then on I don't really read the blurbs of series anymore because I don't want it to give away what the story might be about.

I thought the story was ok but I wasn't ever dying to find out what was going to happen next. The idea of humans inhaling demon's breath as a drug is really cool but the ending let me down a little bit. Mostly the book was a bit forgetful. Trying to write the review now is hard as I can't remember how I felt about the characters or the story. There was one thing that disturbed me was when Nash told Kaylee what the demon did to her and also what Nash had to give up to the demon, I got really upset for Kaylee and felt for her during those moments.

Otherwise I think it was an ok read but I'm just really disappointed. I think I'd still like to read the rest of the series but I'll wait a while before I get the next one. 

On the cover

Every cover I've seen so far from this series has a girl dancing in a pretty dress on the front and always a different colour. To me it looks like this is a book about Ballet not demons and drugs. A friend was visiting and I asked her what she thought the book was about just by looking at the cover and she said something about soul keepers.... seems like I know nothing about covers.

What I'm reading next: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...